THE BUS USER GROUP FOR NORTH HERTFORDSHIRE
Copyright NHBUG © All rights reserved. Privacy and cookies policy .
Minutes of NHBUG Meeting – 27 March 2018
This Meeting was held at BALDOCK COMMUNITY CENTRE, Simpson Drive, SG7 6DH Meeting started at 2:00pm, chaired by Edna Fox
Approx. 12 members attended. Also attending were: Councillors Fiona Hill, Tony Hunter, Steve Jarvis. And Guy Brigden from Herts CC. Apologies received from: Councillors Michael Muir, Derrick Ashley, Simon Bloxham, Ian Mantle. Marilyn Kirkland was not present to chair due to illness. The meeting expressed hope of a full and speedy recovery.
Matters Arising from last minutes
It was confirmed that the current timetable for the 90/91 bus was the best that could be managed, and that there would be no further discussions of changes to the timings. There was a question about the timings of the 202 service to Ashwell station. These will presumably be reviewed when the new train timetable is implemented.
The meeting raised a number of points with Guy Brigden who noted them and agreed to look into the ones pertaining to Herts County Council. [He has since come back with an update, which is attached below]
July 5th 2018 at The Care Hub, Station Rd. Letchworth Garden City. At 14:15.
David Wakelin – Secretary: North Herts BUG
Reply from Guy Brigden HCC: Issues involving HCC included:
1. Delays to 90/91 in Ashwell High Street – awaiting feedback from contract enforcement
2. Report from Cllr Hill of bus failing to stop for a person with learning difficulties – there is a scheme involving the issue of orange cards which can be used by people with disabilities – see
3. Report from Cllr Hill of buses on route 26 using Tannery Drift – no planned closures
would have caused this so it could only have been a short-
4. Report of problems with road closure in Norton Way – we have no record of this closure
6. Bus shelter condition – please report instances of dirty shelters to HCC so that cleaning can be arranged
7. Report of new flag on stop at Western Way/Heathermere Road – we have no record of any work having been done here since July 2017. The flag is marked Schools Services Only.